Electronic Brake Controllers
The Department of Transport requires that your vehicle be fitted with an EBC for towing any trailer weighing in excess of 750kg.
Although our trailers are less than that, 600kg, we like to recommend that you install Electronic Brake Controlers purely from a safety point of view. Just think, after you pack up the trailer you can easily exceed the 750kg maximum load.
All our trailers come standard with electronic braking systems. If you do not have a large vehicle you will be thankful for them when towing. There is nothing more frightening than the trailer taking you for a ride.
The Inspectors will turn you away immediately if you cannot demonstrate your brakes with a vehicle that has an Electronic Brake Controller installed.
We can organize the supply and fitting of the best quality Electronic Brake Controller for a fixed price by a reputable licenced auto electrician.
You can visit our preferred contractor at several locations around the Perth Metro Area.
Even if you do not buy a trailer from us, we prefer you do, take advantage of a competitive price for the installation of your electronic brake controller.
Southern Cross Camper Trailers only use Redarc Electronic Brake Controllers
Indispensable features of the Redarc EBRH Include
- The dual-purpose remote mountable switch fits neatly into an easily accessible position anywhere on your dashboard.
- It allows you to vary the braking power to the trailer brakes when the vehicle brakes are applied whilst driving in different conditions.
- It also has a push button which, when depressed, manually applies the trailer brakes independently of the towing vehicle brakes so you can test your trailer brakes.
It has dual function LED which illuminates:
- Green to show that you are towing a trailer with electric brakes.
- Red when the brakes are applied with the red becoming brighter as the brakes are applied more firmly.
For your vehicles Electronic Brake Controller installation just email your enquiry through our secure contact page
Find the Camper Trailer you like, let us know and we will bring it to you for inspection!
New Karijini Double Quad Bike-Toy Hauler Camper Trailer
As far as we are aware this is the only specifically designed Double Quad Camper Trailer (we also like to call it the “Toy Hauler”) on the market.
Red Pearl Forward folding camper
Cooper Tyres Upgrade on Red Pearl
Visit Our Help Centre
If you need some help or some guidance, be sure to have a look through our help centre.